Addiction Services is made up of a range of general and specialized programs designed to minimize harmful involvement with alcohol, other drugs and/or gambling. Addiction Services is closely aligned with Mental Health Services to ensure that individuals living with an addiction and a mental disorder receive coordinated care.
- We believe care is best provided in the community as close as possible to where people live
- Care is coordinated and seamless to promote continuity of care
- Clients are involved in all aspects of treatment planning and follow-up
- Treatment is evidence-based and designed to address the specific needs of each individual/family
- Treatment plans often involve collaboration with other/service providers (e.g. school guidance counsellors, Mental Health Services, Probation Services, family members, etc.) with the consent of the client